Twenty-five Days of Christmas
Welcome! I invite you to join our family as we celebrate Christmas throughout the month of December. Christmas is one of my favorite holidays. Each year I enjoy decorating my home with lights, candles, and special things I have collected along the way (I am quite sentimental when it comes to items in my home – if it has an emotional tie, it goes up!) Knowing that our holidays at home are numbered I am doing my best to soak up all that this time of year offers.
Having a curious and excited toddler has made this season even more fun! This year I made a list of activities to do each day leading up to Christmas. I know I am having more fun with this than Noah, but my prayer is that he will understand the true meaning of Christmas as he grows in understanding and maturity.
Here is the rest of our list….
- Make homemade Christmas cards
- Drink hot chocolate and watch a Christmas movie
- Decorate sugar cookies
- Make a Christmas craft
- Attend a Christmas play/concert
- Make a snowman
- Go for a drive and look at Christmas lights
- Make a Christmas ornament
- Buy a toy to donate
- Visit a nursing home and deliver cards
- Make a gingerbread house
- Drop money in the Salvation Army bucket
- Visit the hospital and take someone a Christmas balloon
- Leave a gift for the mailman
- Learn a Christmas song
- Make pinecone/peanut butter bird feeders
- Take treats to neighbors
- Go Christmas shopping
- Read ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas on Christmas Eve
- Read the Christmas story, open presents, and enjoy the day with family!